Sunday 22 September 2013

Sunday brunch at Kinara, Kemang

Oh, I am totally, fabulously, wonderfully stuffed. I feel so deliciously full of spices and all things India that I am quite content to while away the rest of my Sunday doing absolutely nothing but perhaps resting a glass of ice tea on my ever expanding girth.
Kinara, truly a must visit in Jakarta and what better way to take in all the deliciousness it has to offer than with a Sunday brunch buffet. At Rp. 150,000 (non-alcoholic beverages) it is quite a steal. To be honest I cannot do beer and buffet together. The beer fills me up and doesn't leave room for much else. Those of you who would be interested it is a further bargain at Rp. 200,000 for free flow beer.
Firstly, the restaurant itself is a pleasure to the eye, with it's beautiful Indian-inspired interiors. I spent so much time photographing as many pretty doorways and furnishings that I didn't get round to photographing the food. However, that should not deter you. The food was divine! All the dishes for the buffet were laid out in copper display trays and there was an excellent range - rogan josh, dhal, paneer, tandoori chicken to name a few. There was a selection of rice as well as naan bread. They had a lovely salad section with poppadoms and a variety of chutneys, raita and sauces. The soft drinks on offer included mango juice, sweet or salty lassi and water. You could also have dosai made fresh for you. Total bliss! I wanted to stay and eat forever. The food was so full of flavours and so satisfying. I adore Indian food and a buffet like this is pure perfection. The place was busy and had a wonderful Sunday buzz to it. I would thoroughly recommend a visit to Kinara for a Sunday treat and indulgence. Only problem...you might find yourself wanting to come back every Sunday!










No comments:

Post a Comment