Friday 6 September 2013

Floating away at Cozy Jakarta, Gandaria

Yes, today I was reunited with an old friend. That friend would be Cozy. When I lived in Bali I regularly visited Cozy. It is a place of peace and tranquility. They do the best shiatsu head massage I have ever experienced. So, you can imagine my joy to find that they have a branch here in Jakarta. So being a bit of a Cozy veteran, I was keen to see whether standards were similar to those I have always experienced in Bali. Cozy Jakarta did not disappoint. There is the same attention to detail throughout from the cool, tranquil decor to the uniforms of the staff. You step from the raging Jakarta street outside into a bubble of calm. I think your shoulders actually drop a couple of centimetres just walking through the door. I always get the same treatment. I find something so intensely calming about having my head massaged and the shiatsu head massage has it all. You disappear up the dimly lit corridor into halls with statues with fingers pressed gently to their lips. Turn off your mobiles, put your troubles away for this is one and a half hours of pure bliss and you want to make sure you enjoy every second of it. The masseuse will offer you music but I never take it, I rather enjoy the sound of the water coming from the row of aquariums. Each aquarium is positioned in front of your chair. Once the massage begins I find myself constantly wanting to float away because the whole experience is so relaxing, from the oil in your hair, to the pressure put on different points on your head to the calming strokes. The only downside - it all seems to finish too soon. Then your hair is lovingly washed of all remnants of oil, combed and dried - you even get some delicious tingling tonic sprayed in. You reach the reception to leave feeling refreshed, relaxed and rejuvenated again to...face that raging Jakarta street out front! I generally find myself lingering in the lobby on the comfy sofa not wanting to do that part. But I'll be back again soon because with a friend like Cozy, who would want to stay away for long...







No comments:

Post a Comment