Tuesday 3 September 2013

Chilis, Sarinah

Chilis reminds me a little of Hard Rock Cafe - same kinda vibe, same massive portions, same massive prices just no music paraphernalia gracing the walls. However, sometimes you just have to give into the craving for super-sized everything and splurge a little. The menu here has your regular American fare - steaks, ribs, burgers and then there are some Mexican dishes thrown in for good measure. I zone in on these because I love my nachos, burritos, tacos and enchiladas and Mexican food is not widely available here. We ordered nachos and the chicken wings and then a chicken quesadilla salad. As there were two of us we felt this would be ample to share. Ok so the photos in the menu showed juicy succulent wings - the ones that came out on the serving dish seemed rather skinny and the sauce I felt was rather dry. Basically, I didn't have any on my fingers that needed licking off. No fun! So these were pretty disappointing. Then came the chicken quesadilla salad. There were two different kinds of salad dressing (confusing?) a decent helping of chopped grilled chicken breast and plenty of veggies. The quesadilla was a bit soggy and bland though. I would have liked the tortilla a bit more crispy and the filling to have had a bit of a zing in it. Finally our nachos arrived. Now anyone who has had nachos at Hard Rock knows that they come out scattered on a huge plate with lots of sour cream, salsa and guacamole. Delicious! Here, there was a tablespoon of sour cream, a little less of salsa and no guacamole (it was extra). The nachos were all arranged neatly on the plate and the cheese had been layered on thick...a little bit too thick for my liking which is strange because I do like my cheese. Then the bill came, a whopping Rp. 402,000 in total for two starters and a salad plus two soft drinks. Daylight robbery! I won't be coming back here in a hurry. I shall wait for my trip to Bali and for a visit to my favourite Mexican restaurant TJ's in Kuta for my next Mexican fix. Chilis can have their chillies and eat them!






No comments:

Post a Comment