Friday 27 September 2013

Not so guilty pizza at Pizza Marzano, Kemang

Pizza Marzano, or Pizza Express as it now seems to be wanting to be known, is pretty widespread around Jakarta. Although I'm particularly a fan of the one in Kemang, I have seen many dotted around the city satisfying customers with their pizzas and pastas. Why do I particularly like the one in Kemang? Mainly because, it sits at the corner of a busy crossroads and while you nibble on your pizza crust you can really see the craziness that is Jakarta zooming by the window. Another reason I'm a fan? Well, with my ever-expanding waistband, I was delighted to stumble across their 500 calorie meal offer. It is a super thin crust pizza with a hole cut in the middle and filled with salad. I like the one with the jalapeƱos, mozzarella and salami. It gives a bit of a kick to the dish. The other option is more basic. At least there are two choices though. When it came to the table it looked so good that I couldn't wait to dig in and almost forgot to take a photo! Considering you are eating pizza and it's only 500 calories, this is very satisfying. The crust was thin and crispy while the toppings were generous. The salad was a decent helping and topped with sown cheese and light dressing. I felt nicely content after it and only needed to finish off with a cappuccino. If you are not trying to watch your waistline, fear not, there is also an excellent selection of regular gajillion calorie pizzas and pastas (I've tried a few on occasion). So, next time you need that pizza fix, stop by this charming restaurant where you can get the fix a little less guiltily...now that's got to make you feel better any day of the week!





No comments:

Post a Comment