Wednesday 11 September 2013

Margarita heaven at Amigos, Kemang

You have a lot to live up to when you state on the front of your menu that you have the best margarita in Jakarta. Luckily for Amigos in Kemang, the drink absolutely lives up to expectation! I adore margaritas. The  divine mix of tequila and lime is so satisfying especially with that sprinkling of salt around the edges. In Bali, my favourite place to drink margaritas was at TJ's in Poppies Gang 1 and Amigos has definitely become my favourite place for them in Jakarta.
From the moment you pass through the doors, Amigos satisfies on all levels. You are struck by the warm, welcoming ambiance, the traditional, rustic decor and the Latin tunes emerging from the speakers. You slide into yor seat and begin your perusal of the menu. Amigos covers all the Mexican favourites - nachos, quesadillas, enchiladas, fajitas, burritos and chimichanga. You are spoilt for choice. We decided on nachos to start with and I went with chicken fajitas for my main course while my hubby chose his favourite, enchiladas. Of course, needless to say, two classic frozen margaritas were ordered and swiftly delivered to the table. They were divine. It's been awhile since margarita and I hooked up, so I was gasping for a sip. The drink was good and strong. There is nothing I despise more than weak, watered down drinks, it borders on the criminal. I saw on the table a sign advertising Monday Madness where all drinks are 50% off. This in itself makes a return visit compulsory. The thought of margaritas for only Rp. 45,000 sends tingles through my taste buds! Our nachos came our promptly and were good, but not amazing. I would have liked some jalapeƱos on there to give that extra kick, the cheese was also quite stringy which meant that you had to pull the tortilla chips away and wrap wayward strands of cheese around them. However, saying that we polished off the lot and scooped up any refrained beans that were left.
Our main course came shortly afterwards and this was so incredibly satisfying. My fajitas were piled high on the hot plate with onions and peppers. There was lots of chicken, a very generous amount. They gave me three tortillas and a dish of condiments that included sour cream, salsa, guacamole and hot sauce. I will definitely be coming back for these. Hubby was also very pleased with his enchiladas and was well and truly stuffed after he finished everything on his plate. Well almost stuffed...we did have room for one more of Jakarta's best margaritas! If you like Mexican, get yourself down here...you won't be disappointed!




Jakarta's best margarita...

Nachos...

Beef enchiladas...

Tortillas...

Condiments...

Chicken fajitas...







1 comment:

  1. hi, great article of yours! may i know your email address please? i would like to cooperate with you, food related :D thaanks in advance :)

    ReplyDelete