Saturday 31 August 2013

Churreria Spanish Chocolateria, Grand Indonesia Mall

I'm a chocolate addict. There's no denying it. I gave up denying it a long time ago. I gave up worrying about it all going to my hips. Heck, I've eaten so much chocolate it's gone to hips, bum, thighs...need I go on? Whatever, the enjoyment factor far outweighs any misgivings about the consumption of this glorious food. So, when I was in Grand Indonesia Mall and suddenly found myself passing a Spanish Chocolateria...well one can simply not just keep walking. A swift turn was necessary and a table sought out. This cafe offers a wide range of chocolate items from hot chocolate to ice chocolate drinks, chocolate desserts and then there are the churros. For anyone not in the know...
A churro, sometimes referred to as a Spanish doughnut, is a fried‑dough pastry—predominantly choux—based snack. Churros are popular in Spain, France, the Philippines, Portugal, Latin America and the United States. Wikipedia
So, how to say no to a plate of these? We ordered the deluxe churros which consisted of 6 pieces and a choice of two dips. You could have the churros coated with icing sugar or cinnamon sugar. I thought the cinnamon sugar sounded perfect. For the dips, I went with dark chocolate and dulce de leche (there was also milk chocolate and white chocolate). In my opinion, Caramel + chocolate = perfection! And it was the perfect choice. The dark chocolate was divine and when no-one was looking you could do a double dip and have your churros coated with it and the dulce de leche. This made a perfect afternoon tea coupled with a nice hot cappuccino. I would have liked the cappuccino a bit bigger (especially for the price at Rp. 35,000) but it was hot and not too much froth. Next time, I would like to try some of the chocolate drinks as they did sound rather tantalising. Yes, my friends, I am not too slowly but surely eating my way around Jakarta and yes, I have the thighs, bum and hips to show for it!






No comments:

Post a Comment