Sunday 25 August 2013

Anomali Coffee, Kemang

Sundays for me are always lazy days...last day of the week before having to start back to work again on Monday so often I feel the need to do nothing and just lounge around at home. Other times I like to have a gentle meander around Kemang in South Jakarta. Kemang is a very trendy area of Jakarta full of restaurants, bars and boutiques. It is generally an area much visited by the expatriate community as many live in the area or nearby. Kemang has a nice vibe and it feels like the kind of place you want to be on a Sunday. Today, we decided to drop into Anomali Coffee. From the outside, you are not quite sure if it is a cafe or a workshop as the window displays some heavy duty machinery and piled up sacks. 
When you get inside, the interior is dark and mysterious with dim lighting, dark stairwells and brick work for the walls. It feels more like an underground hideout than a coffee shop.



I ordered a cappuccino, even though it was stinking hot outside, but I needed to get a real taste of the coffee.
I'm very taken with the fact that the coffee is 100% Indonesian here. I like businesses that support their own produce. It's definitely something to be proud of and this can be seen by the fact that they print this information on the side of each cup. My cappuccino was good, the coffee was rich and aromatic and not too milky. There was a decent amount of froth on top but not too much to make me feel like I was only getting a half cup of coffee. Next time I'm here I'd like to buy some of their ground coffee to use in my percolator that should be reaching any day now. I was particularly taken with the fact that their ground coffee on sale was from all over Indonesia and I'd love some Flores coffee as I particularly enjoyed the brews I had when I was there... So if you like a good strong cup of joe and giving support to local produce definitely give Anomali Coffee a try...

No comments:

Post a Comment