Tuesday 3 June 2014

The Mango Tree Bistro at Epiwalk, Kuningan

Sometimes you can pass by a restaurant many times and never feel the desire to go inside. I live just across the road from Epiwalk Mall and although it is a small and relatively quiet shopping mall, it is home to quite a number of restaurants. The Mango Tree Bistro is one of those. I've passed by it a whole bunch of times, but only decided to cross the threshold a few days ago. It serves Thai cuisine and offers a good range of dishes. Prices are reasonable per dish ranging between 45k - 70k for main courses. Naturally we ordered a few and decided to share. First up were the Tom yum chicken wings. These were absolutely delicious. They were crispy and full of flavour. I could have eaten a whole plateful myself. Then came the Beef Red Curry. It was rich and creamy and the beef was tender. The Morning Glory was our choice of vegetables and this dish was spicy and the vegetables still had a bite to them. Finally there was the garlic prawns. The prawns were nicely cooked and the flavour was delicious. The meal was incredibly satisfying flavour-wise and it was great to have a meal that really tantalised the taste buds. My only gripe would be the portion sizes which I felt were rather small, especially the prawn dish. 
For my drink, I had a Thai ice tea, which was that lovely orange milky colour and tasted great.
The decor of the restaurant also met with my approval. I do like a restaurant that has some interesting things to look at as it all adds to the dining experience. Here, there were some brightly coloured lanterns, shelves of wine bottles and wall features to take in.
I will definitely pop back across the road to the Mango Tree Bistro as there are a few more dishes I wouldn't mind trying and I'm a sucker for a good Thai feast.

Lanterns 
Bottles and bottles...
Wall feature
Tom Yum chicken wings
Beef Red curry
Morning Glory
Garlic Prawns
Thai ice tea

No comments:

Post a Comment