Wednesday 18 June 2014

Falling in love with Flores all over again...

So it's school holidays and of course I'm away on my travels. This holiday it's all about Flores. I'll be spending a month on the island, travelling around and visiting my husbands family. First stop is Labuan Bajo, the main town in Flores and the general entry point for tourists. They've just built a new airport as the fact that the Komodo dragons won one of the natural wonders of the world allocations has meant there is a considerable rise in tourism. From Labuan Bajo, it is easy to organise a boat trip to include both Rinca and Komodo where you are bound to see a Komodo dragon. These creatures are both terrifying and amazing and if you haven't seen them you really should. Labuan Bajo is also the perfect spot for organising your dive trips or doing some island hopping. We decided on a trip to Kanawa Island and when I review it in my next post, you'll be wanting to go too. 

Labuan Bajo

No comments:

Post a Comment