Sunday 8 June 2014

Take me back to Yesterday Lounge at Antasari

I'm forever on the look out here for unique and interesting places to hang out. It's always good to have a range of places to go to suit a mood. I came across Yesterday Lounge when I was googling around on Google. I was instantly fascinated by the theme of the place and decided I must make an effort to go and have a drink there. I'm really glad I did. 
Yesterday Lounge in Antasari is a breath of fresh air (if you can imagine that in Jakarta!). It's vintage, old school feel makes you believe you really have stepped back into yesterdays gone by. The interior furnishings have been ingeniously crafted from old car parts from the seats (old car seats and oil cans) to the tables (oil drums and engines). There are vintage posters adorning the walls and even some old motorbikes to add to the vintage vibe. The cafe itself is set on a large property with trees and gardens, a car garage, old jeeps and then to really throw a spanner in the works, you bump into deer roaming around the property. I'm guessing the owner is a car collector because of all the old vehicles and the repairs being done in the on site garage. 
We stopped in for a couple of beers and some finger foods. The beer menu was vast and offered a choice of serving sizes from a small bottle to a bucket of bottles and a mug to a pitcher. For the snacks we went for the nachos (made with singkong chips), the bitterballen and the French fries. Prices were reasonable ranging between 27k - 49k for the snacks and a bucket of four San Miguel was 150k. The food itself was fairly standard but the beer was cold, served in a bucket of ice. I would say that you would be more likely to come here because of the setting and drinks than the food. The lounge has live music five nights a week and there are a variety of music styles catered for from jazz to classic rock. 
I will definitely come back here again for drinks and bring along some more friends. I love themed cafés and lounges and being a big fan of all things vintage this place suits my style perfectly!
Outdoor seating
Vintage decor 
Interesting tables 
Shuttered walls
Unique furnishings 
Motorbike on display
Oil can stools...genius!
Singkong Nachos
Bitterballen 
French fries
Old jeeps galore
Garage
I spy with my little eye...a deer!

No comments:

Post a Comment