Thursday 5 June 2014

Better CHOCOlate than never...I totally agree!

So one of the perks of being a teacher is that on the last day of the school year you usually come home laden down with gifts. These are from thankful parents for the care and attention you have given to their children over the year. I cannot lie that I love to receive gifts and especially ones that contain food. One such gift today was a cake from better chocolate than never. This is a cake shop located in Senopati. I have wanted to go there for awhile now to sample their cake so you can imagine my joy when the cake came to me instead for one of my gifts.
The cake was a Banana Chocolate Pie and it smelled absolutely delicious when I opened the box. There was a rich aroma of dark chocolate and I could also smell caramel.
The bottom was an Oreo crust, then a layer of banana, dark chocolate on top and the whole thing was drizzled with salted caramel. Divine! It was pure joy in every mouthful. The contrast of textures with the crumbly biscuit, soft banana and smooth chocolate and caramel worked so well. As did the combinations of flavours. This is a must try for anyone who believes that banana and chocolate were made for each other.
The other bonus of being a teacher is the amazing people you get to work with and the fact that you can share divine treats like this with them. Otherwise I might have just crawled into a corner and eaten the whole lot. It was THAT good! I'm thinking I need to go and sample some of the other cakes they have on offer now too.



No comments:

Post a Comment