Sunday 25 May 2014

Blacklisted Cafe at Lotte Avenue is not at the top of my list!

Stopped in recently to Blacklisted Cafe in Lotte Avenue. It looks like one of those great, grungy, underground cafés that you want to be seen in. You know, black painted brick walls, funky furniture, quirky tin cans holding the cutlery, that sort of thing. After perusing the menu, I settled on a cappuccino and wanted a deconstructed tiramisu. However, when the waitress came to take the order, she said that it was unavailable. There were a total of five desserts on the menu and yet only ONE was available. Sorry, not good enough. It was only around 2.00pm and there were only two other tables occupied when we came in. Thus I was presuming that there had not been a crazy lunch rush and everyone had ordered dessert. So, to tell me that out of five possible desserts I could only have one, which was ice cream, well I was instantly disappointed. I just went with the coffee. It arrived shortly after in a very cool glass, one of those two layer ones where the hot coffee is in the inside layer and you can still pick up the cool outer layer because they are not touching. Did I say 'hot' coffee? Sorry, I meant luke warm coffee. Yes, that's what it was. Luke warm. I like my coffee steaming hot to the point that I almost burn my mouth when I drink it. It's a hot drink. It's meant to be drunk hot. So perhaps the sign they chalked on the board needs updating to 'the most wasted of all days is one without dessert and hot coffee'!







2 comments:

  1. Great post--the snarky comments are the best!
    One of my biggest pet-peeves is when some...no wait, none of the menu is stocked.
    Perhaps this place is so bad that they were, in fact, 'Black-listed' from the restaurant scene? +_+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by my blog! And yes, doesn't it seem to happen ALL the time here???

      Delete