Sunday 7 September 2014

Meat Me at Kota Kasablanca

Nope that's not a typo and nope I'm not asking you to find your way to KoKas to have a little rendezvous with me. Instead I'm here to tell you about a fine little eatery in Kota Kasablanca called Meat Me. The speciality is, you guessed it, meat. The menu features a good selection of steaks, burgers, meaty pizzas and some dishes for good measure. For some strange reason, hubby and I found ourselves craving sausages. After living in Dublin for a year, where the sausages are deliciously divine and available in every good supermarket you do find in Jakarta that you have to work quite hard to find what I would actually call a sausage. I mean there are plenty of poor attempts available in supermarkets here but I would call them frankfurters rather than actual sausages. I mean when you eat a sausage you can see and taste the texture of the meat used in the sausage whereas frankfurters are basically processed meat. Ultimately you can never be entirely sure where that processed meat came from.
While in Kota Kasablanca, Meat Me caught our attention, as well as being an eatery it is also actually a butchers so you can buy all those delicious meats you might have tasted in the restaurant and bring them home. The meat looks fresh and is well stored and presented.
For our lunch today, our main reason for deciding to eat at Meat Me was because they offered a Sausage Platter. What better way to fulfill all those sausage cravings with a platter that included three large sausages (2 lamb and 1 beef)? For our other choice we went with BBQ Beef Ribs. 
The ribs arrived first and were so soft and tender that the meat just pulled away from the two large bones with the gentlest of tugs. The seasoning was just right, not too sweet as can often be the case, but more tangy. They were accompanied by french fries and a nice side salad. My only complaint, I wanted more!
The sausage platter arrived shortly after and looked fabulous when it was placed on the table. The three large sausages were beautifully grilled and lay on a bed of roasted garlic potatoes and vegetables. There was also a side salad. My favourite were the lamb sausages which just tasted so tender and full of flavour. The roasted garlic potatoes were also very good.
Although the prices are not cheap, Ribs 135rb and Sausage Platter 115rb, they were worth every rupiah. The meal was perfect and extremely satisfying and let's face it when you are eating good quality meat you are going to have to pay more. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone craving a serious portion of meat and I would like to say I will go back and try a burger or a steak but alas, I think that sausage platter has my name permanently all over it! 


Restaurant interior
BBQ Beef Ribs
Sausage platter

No comments:

Post a Comment