Friday 25 July 2014

Next Stop Steakhouse, Kebayoran Baru

Just near where I work in Kebayoran Baru, there is the cutest little steakhouse. It's called Next Stop and it's just by the side of the road on Jalan Hang Tuah Raya. It's got this funky industrial feel to it and almost like you are in one of those modified containers. The indoor seating is long and there are some hard hats hanging on the wall. I particularly like the spoon and fork clock and would have quite happily taken it home to hang it in my kitchen. They offer a decent choice of food, steak (obviously), chicken steak, salmon steak and then some pasta and eggs benedict. Well, you should all know by now my obsession with breakfast, which I believe is the most important meal of the day. It's so important that you might as well have it for lunch too. So I had to order the eggs ben and a big mug of ice tea. I was pleasantly surprised when the food came. The eggs ben was good and really satisfying. Not the best eggs ben I have ever eaten but certainly by no means the worst. The eggs were still oozing, the hollandaise sauce was warm and had a decent flavour to it. It was all stacked on two soft pieces of bread and accompanied by a small salad in the middle. It made a very welcome lunch and certainly one I would come back for again. The price was reasonable at 50k for the eggs and the service was good but then again we were the only ones there! I have since seen a sign up in the window saying that the restaurant will be moving to Senopati. I hope they find a spot where they get more business as their current location on Hang Tuah Raya doesn't attract many customers as there are no office blocks around and it is mostly a residential area. 
Hopefully you can catch them in their new location for a reasonably priced and tasty meal...









No comments:

Post a Comment