Monday 9 February 2015

GB Bistro at Senayan City

If you haven't been to GB Bistro in Senayan City and ordered the Bratwurst, then you are seriously missing out! This is a great place to eat, with a cosy pub vibe due to its warm wooden interior and sofa booths. The menu has a good selection of food ranging from fish and chips, pastas, soup and roast chicken. I cannot talk about the other dishes on the menu because I have fallen quite desperately in love with the bratwurst and can only seem to utter that word when asked what I want to order. It is two delicious, large sausages with onions on top, a choice of potatoes (well it has to be mash, doesn't it?) and red cabbage. It really is home on a plate for me. I find the whole combination just so heartwarming and like I could be sitting in my mum's kitchen enjoying a home-cooked meal. They don't serve it with sauce, but I always ask for some black pepper sauce on the side and it just takes everything up a notch. It's funny how food holds so many memories for us and how different foods remind us of a certain time or place. Sausages = Ireland, always have and always will. Just so good that I can find somewhere here that reminds me of that. If sausages are in any way your thing, I'd stop by here. You won't be disappointed!

Restaurant interior
Bratwurst

No comments:

Post a Comment