Friday 13 February 2015

Breathing easy with Beauty Barn Indonesia

When you live somewhere like Jakarta, for me, it's a daily struggle. I come from a small seaside town in North Dublin. I'm used to blue skies, fresh air, green rolling hills, rocky cliffs, lighthouses, fields, well you get the picture. Needless to say, most of those are pretty hard to come by in Jakarta. So why do I do it? Well, a part of you imagines it's not actually as bad as it is, a part of you is a slave to the money and a part of you reminds yourself  that this is only a stop gap in a greater plan. I digress, because the main reason for this post is to share with you something that helps my life be a little easier here in Jakarta. Enter Beauty Barn Indonesia and their delightful products. I first discovered their products through my workplace, where I was given a small little bottle called Breathe Easy. When you live in a generally smoggy city, anything that helps you breathe easy is going to be welcome. Breathe Easy from Beauty Barn Indonesia is a mixture of essential oils that you can drop on your pillow and it helps clear your head and as I have discovered helps me have a very peaceful nights sleep. The scent is very calming and even just an inhalation from the bottle is enough to bring about a much calmer state of mind. Today, I came across Beauty Barn Indonesia having a promotion at Senayan City and came across their Tummy Mix, another blend of essential oils that helps with stomach upset. So apart from the often lack of fresh air, my other struggle here is with Jakarta Belly. Yes, I suffer terribly with stomach problems here, even though I try to eat mostly at home now. I think it has more to do with the water though that is used for brushing teeth or washing vegetables. After buying Tummy Mix today, I straight away rubbed some on my tummy as I am just coming through another bout of stomach upset. There was a nice warming sensation and I definitely felt a calming of the stomach cramps I have been experiencing. Being a blogger, I also received a very generous gift bag, which included a Lip Balm, Fever Down and Soother Ointment. The lip balm was nicely scented and very soft. The Fever Down also smelled deliciously soothing. It's specifically to help with lowering a fever in children. Although I didn't have a fever it made me want to just put some on simply for the scent. The Soother Ointment is for any skin problems such as rashes, bites and burns. It smells quite strongly of lemongrass, which I don't mind and rubs on easily to the skin. 
Beauty Barn Indonesia's products are available in a number of locations around Jakarta. They also have a website where you can get more information on their products. For me I certainly know that I will be breathing easier tonight with a few drops of Breathe Easy on my pillow!


No comments:

Post a Comment