Thursday 17 April 2014

Kyo Chon at Gandaria

Ok, so basically I'm trying very hard not to eat a lot of carbs at the moment. Carbs aren't my friends. They don't make me feel good and they certainly don't agree with my waistline. When you eat at home avoiding carbs is easy peasy however when you step into the great outdoors you are faced with most menus offering you the regular veg, protein and carb combination. However, at Kyo Chon, a Korean restaurant at Gandaria City, you can order your meal in separate parts, so it means bring on the protein and veg and forget the carbs. The chicken here is double fried, which means that although I'm probably not getting much carbs I'm getting a truckload of saturated fats. Oh well, life is all about compromises, right? The chicken is very good. We ordered the 'original' and 'red' and both were very tasty. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The red was the spicy option and it certainly had a good kick off it. I ordered the green salad to get my portion of vegetables and it was offered with blueberry or orange dressing. Ok, bit weird, I mean I like my Italian, Caesar or Ranch dressing a lot more. I went with blueberry and was a bit disappointed. It was an odd flavour and didn't quite sit well on the salad for me. Blueberry sauce for pancakes, waffles, french toast - yes, salad - errrr, no, definitely not. However, it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the crispy chicken which I think next time I might just order takeaway and bring home and enjoy with own homemade salad. If you like your chicken crispy and spicy, you should definitely stop in here and of you don't mind those carbs, then there is a variety of staples to accompany your drumsticks or wings.




2 comments:

  1. I've tried it too ^^, it's beyond my favorite chicken wings now
    would u like to follow each other?

    xx
    http://overloadstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, thanks for visiting my blog :) yes let's follow :)

      Delete