Monday 20 January 2014

Dull days and gloomy skies...

So I'm back in Jakarta after a month in Dublin where I thoroughly enjoyed lungfuls of fresh air and many days of beautiful blue uninterrupted skies. I can't deny how much I have missed that. And now, on my return here, I am faced with the fact that monsoon season is in full swing and most days I awake to overcast skies and torrential downpours. My best friends at the moment are my rain poncho and my Wellies! For all the good they do...the rain here has a knack of finding it's way into every slightly unprotected nook and cranny so that ultimately when you arrive where you want to go there is some part of you sopping wet and uncomfortable until it dries out. Last Friday, it happened to be my crotch! My old raincoat set had developed a hole in the most inconvenient of spots and I ended up walking around for a few hours looking like I had pee'd myself! Oh the joys of rainy season...my heart goes out to all those trying to keep the flood waters out of their homes and I am thankful that I live on the 17th floor. However, believe it or not, the water managed to find it's way in here too! Such is the audacity of these downpours. Roll on a bit of sunshine...

No comments:

Post a Comment