Sunday 1 March 2015

The Good Food Dept at Ciputra World

As I live so close to Ciputra World shopping mall, I tend to go there a lot for to do my grocery shopping. I thought I had checked out almost all the eateries it had to offer at this point and then realised that I had bypassed The Good Food Dept, a few times and forgotten about it nestled away in a corner of the mall. I popped in today for a visit. 
The place is bright and airy, with a smoking section out in a separate area, that has huge windows and has the feeling of being on a balcony.
The menu has a good selection, offering something for everyone. One of the challenges I face being married to an Indonesian is that often when we go out and eat, he wants rice and I want salad. Not everyone offers this range but The Good Food Dept does. They have pizza, pasta, burgers, salad and some local favourites like nasi goreng. So, we're both happy with the choices. I opt for the Big Caesar Salad and am delighted when it arrives because it is a very generous portion with grilled chicken, avocado, romaine lettuce and three slices of toasted bread. The salad is really good and satisfying, with just the right amount of dressing. I order a classic lemonade to drink, and it tastes delightfully good and homemade. We did order spring rolls to start with and although I took a photo of them, the picture was slightly blurred due to my hurry to taste them! They were also very good with a sweet Thai chilli dipping sauce. Hubby ordered his nasi goreng kampung and was very content with his choice. We finished up with two cappuccinos, and as two very satisfied customers. I will definitely come back here to try something else on the menu and of course to allow both of us to be able to order to their hearts content.

The Big Caesar Salad
Classic Lemonade
Cappuccino

No comments:

Post a Comment