Sunday 11 January 2015

A great discovery...The Fat Turtle at Petitenget

I was away for Christmas and New Year in Bali and every time I go there seem to be more and more new places to eat opening up. I was very excited to discover one in particular, The Fat Turtle. A newly opened cafe in Petitenget situated next to Deus, you have to look carefully or you might just miss it. If you do you will be missing out on the opportunity to try out some great food, relaxed ambiance and decent coffee. I fell in love with the place so much that I went back three times just because I wanted to try as much as possible on the menu. The interior is very well decorated with brick walls, pipe lighting and sofas covered in a coffee sack type fabric. The place has about 8 tables so it is cosy and intimate. Choices on the menu are excellent and I find it hard to commit to a favourite, but if you twist my arm and force me to I would say the Red Velvet Pancakes won it for me. The pancakes were light and fluffy and sandwiched with a cream cheese sauce and accompanied by honeycomb and chocolate soil. The combination of flavours were delicious and the pancakes not too thick. Next I liked the French Toast Banana Bread, two thick slices of banana bread lightly cooked on one side and accompanied by caramelised bananas, dulce de leche sauce and a crumble topping and of course a big scoop of vanilla ice-cream. I love the combination of soft and crunchy in both the pancakes and banana bread. The Eggs Benedict with pulled pork has a lovely spicy kick with the addition of jalapeƱos and a nice hollandaise sauce. The Kaffir Lime Corn Fritters were soft and the poached eggs had that nice ooze in the middle when cut into. The Brekky Sandwich was probably my least favourite only because the bottom piece of bread had become slightly soggy by the time I got it. Overall, every visit was very enjoyable and I would highly recommend The Fat Turtle, to anyone looking for a satisfying breakfast, laid back atmosphere, good tunes playing in the background, free wifi and friendly staff.

Cafe interior
Eggs benedict with pulled pork
Kaffir lime corn fritters with egg
Red velvet pancakes with chocolate soil and honeycomb
French toast banana bread with dulce de leche sauce
Brekky Sandwich with Fries
Cappuccino 
Counter
Wall Art

No comments:

Post a Comment