Saturday 8 February 2014

Milas Restaurant, Yogyakarta

If you are visiting Yogyakarta make sure you have at least one meal at this restaurant. Firstly, the setting is both calming and relaxing with the gazebos placed in a nice garden with a fountain and pond. Then the menu has a good selection of healthy organic vegetarian food. There are also juices and herbal teas. I tried the guacamole, which was delicious and full of flavour, the singkong goreng, crispy and cut up like chips and served with spicy sambas chilli. Then there were some deep fried vegetables, lightly fried and crispy and finally the Milas salad which came with cheese, apple, cashew nuts and lots of other vegetables. I chose the vinegarette dressing which was really good. The whole meal was very satisfying and healthy. 
I wish there was a restaurant like this here in Jakarta because if there was I would make it my second home. Sitting in that garden and hearing the trickling water and feeling the wind on my face was really something I could get used to...





No comments:

Post a Comment