Wednesday 13 November 2013

Candy heaven at Sticky...

I like sweets, I mean generally I like anything sweet but here I am referring to what some parts of the world call candy. However, for those of us hailing from Western Europe, it will always be sweets. I have such fond recollections of my summers spent in Dublin and one of the greatest joys was getting 10 pence (oh gosh, I'm old!) and dashing down to the local corner shop and buying a ten penny mix, which consisted of 10 sweets that cost one penny each. That little brown bag of delightful sweets ranging from cola bottles to chocolate mice and from apple drops to gummy teeth was one of life's cheapest pleasures for an 8 year old. Sweets just don't taste the same...well that is until I walked into Sticky. Sticky is a sweet shop. The sweets are all handmade, traditional and delicious. They come in packets or jars and you can buy varieties like 'smiley mix' 'social net mix' 'Halloween mix' and 'love mix'. Each special packet or jar is filled with tiny candy using symbols and words based on that theme. When I say tiny the sweets really are tiny. Each piece is about the thickness of a pencil! The amazing thing is that each sweet has a different flavour. I took a cherry sweet from the sample box and it tasted exactly like sweet juicy cherries. Yummy! Then as I tried to skilfully make a run for it with the sample box, the nice shop attendant gave me a free sample bag. It was like a rainbow of flavours! I tasted apple, lemon, grape, orange and there was even a passion fruit in there! So divine. The packets or jars definitely make a lovely gift for any sweet-lovers in your life or even for the sweet-lover in you. Packets sell for Rp. 29,000 and jars cost Rp. 70,000. A small price to pay for such an abundance of flavoured treasures. Don't miss a trip to this shop over the holiday season for stocking fillers or gifts!









No comments:

Post a Comment