Monday 7 October 2013

There's a hole in my wallet from Casa, Kemang

Stopped in here recently to have a drink with a friend and believe me, yes that is the only thing you would want to consider having here...it is expensive! I mean Rp. 75,000 for nasi goreng! Seriously, that's a no from me. How do you have the nerve to charge a humble citizen who fancies a quick bite after browsing in their favourite bookshop that much money for a plate of fried rice? Unbelievable. Yes, Casa is the restaurant situated above Aksara bookshop in Kemang. Yes, it is nicely decorated and with a relaxed vibe. No, it is not value for money. I don't care how good your fried rice is. No, I would not go there to eat. So I had an iced cappuccino. At least it came in a large glass. At least it was drinkable. Honestly, some of these trumped up Kemang restaurants need to pull their fingers out and realise that just because they are in Kemang (the foreigner hang out zone in Jakarta) they cannot charge the world for something that is associated with being a local dish. Get over yourselves!
Yes I would pay that much money for a dish at Amigos, where it is speciality food or for pizza at Pizza Marzano but for fried rice, no no no! Oh well, you've lost a potential customer here. Unless of course your prices take a nose dive any time soon...



No comments:

Post a Comment